In this “where there is a need, there is a video” time, you can find any guides and tutorials from YouTube. Here comes out a video tutorial to show you how to downgrade iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1. Accidentally update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 8.1.1 and want to downgrade to iOS 8.1? Here you can find the solution. And you must also bear in mind that this is only a temporarily solution since Apple may stop signing the iOS 8.1 firmware anytime.
Important notifications before the downgrading
1. Please check if Apple is still signing the iOS 8.1 firmware here. If Apple Signing Status is ticked green, congratulations, you can still downgrade.
2. You’d better backup all your data in iTunes since every downgrade and upgrade may cause data lost or other worse results.
How to downgrade iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1?
1. Download relative firmware from links below from iPhoneHacks, if Apple is still signing iOS 8.1 firmware.
2. Connect your iDevice to the computer and launch iTunes.
3. Click to select the iOS device at the top right corner of iTunes.
4. Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update. Please don’t click Restore since it will clear all the data on your device.
5. Browse folders to select the downloaded IPSW file.
6. Click Update on the pop-up window saying that iTunes is updating to iOS 8.1. And your iDevice will restart.
7. iTunes will then downgrade your iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1.
8. When you see the “Slide to upgrade” sign on your iDevice, you can slide and enter passcode. And then you can wait untill the downgrade process is complete.
After activate your device, you can go to Settings >> General >> About to check your iOS version.
And as we already know, after each update, Apple will stop signing the previous version shortly. So you must take your time to downgrade your device.
Check more about this issue, please refer to iphonehacks.com