If you have some movies/TV shows (.m4v) purchased from iTunes store or some Digital Copies (in .m4v format) stored in iTunes, you may want to get them out of your Mac and onto the Kindle Fire HD for enjoying on the go. However, you’re only told that you can play them due to DRM protection. To achieve your goal smoothly, you may have to get rid of DRM restrcitions from iTunes videos and Digital Copies and then convert the M4V videos to Kindle Fire HD compatible videos. If you’re interested in doing this likewise, check out the simple totorial below, guaranteed to get iTunes and Digital Copy movies and Kindle Fire HD to play nicely.
To get the work done, a DRM converter is needed. Here Pavtube ChewTune Mac, a top Mac iTunes Movie DRM Decoder is highly recommended to help you convert protected iTunes and Digital Copy M4V to DRM-free MP4 for playing on Kindle Fire HD on Mac. With it, you can effortlessly make your iTunes and Digital Copy videos playable on Kindle Fire HD in just a few clicks. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. Now just download it and follow the step-by-step guide below to transfer iTunes & Digital Copy movies to Kindle Fire HD.
Removing DRM from iTunes/Digital Copy M4V for playback with Kindle Fire HD on Mac
To use the DRM removal software on Mac, you’re request to:
1) Set iTunes not to remember playback position.
2) Set iTunes to 32bit if you are running Mac OS X Lion.
3) Run the program and type in password of your Mac account as it requires.
1. After launching the DRM Converter on your Mac, drag and drop iTunes m4v and Digital Copy M4V to the software. The softare supports batch conversion so you can convert several files in one go.
2. Select output format. You can easily find the optimized profiles for the HD Kindle Fire under “Android > Amazon Kindle Fire H.264(*.mp4)”.
Tips – Set quality. Cause the Kindle Fire HD’s resolution is higher than its previous, so you’d better click “settings” button to adjust the output parameters of the video. Remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss. Below is the best video format for Kindle Fire HD per my experience:
3. After above steps, just click “Convert” to start removing DRM protection and converting iTunes/Digital Copy M4V to Kindle Fire HD MP4 videos.
P.S. If you’re using a Windows XP/7/Vista PC, just get the ChewTune windows version here to finish the almost same workflow.
Once the process completes, download and transfer the DRM-free videos to Kindle Fire HD from Mac. In this way, you can watch iTunes/Digital Copy movies on Kindle Fire HD Tablet as you like.