XF100 users have troubles when importing those 1080P recordings with .mxf file extension to the latest Final Cut Pro X for editing. It’s not an odd thing, because we can not find Canon XF100 out there from “Final Cut Pro X Supported Cameras” page. Then what to do if you need import Canon XF100 MXF to FCP? Here we recommend using Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac to transcode MXF files to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP X.
Step 1: Run Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac and click “Add Video” button to import MXF clips from your source folder.
Please load .MXF clips to Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac directly from your camera folder. If you want to load multiple .mxf files to convert for FCP X at a time, please open each folder and load the .mxf clip inside the folder “AA0053”, “AA0054”… one after another.
Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422 as output format for FCP X
Pavtube MXF to FCP X Converter features optimized preset for Final Cut Pro, which enables you to convert Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X editable files like Apple ProRes 422, DVCPRO HD without quality loss with ease.
Step 3: Start transcoding XF100 .mxf files to FCP X
Click the Convert button to start XF100 MXF to Final Cut conversion. As soon as the format conversion is completed, you are able to import and edit the converted MXF files on Mac Final Cut without troubles.
Key Features of Pavtube MXF transcoder for FCP X
- Turn MXF files into editable footage in FCP X, FCP 6, FCP 7, FCE, Avid Studio, iMovie, etc.
- Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC output.
- Recode MXF recordings to MOV, MP4, MKV, TS, VOB, etc. for different uses.
- Create playable files for tablets (the new iPad 3, Apple TV 3rd Generation, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab, Xoom, etc.), smartphones (iPhone 4S, and HD media players.
- Add multiple MXF files to convert at a time and merge them into one file.
1. If you are running a Windows PC and have troubles to import Canon XF100 MXF files for editing with Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, etc. you can try out Pavtube MXF Converter Windows version.
2. More than transcoding MXF footage shot by Canon XF100 camera, the Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is also able to handle MXF clips generated by Canon XF105, XF300, XF305, and Panasonic P2 cameras like AG-HPX370/371, AG-HPX500, AJ-HPX2100, AJ-HPX2700, AJ-HPX3000, AJ-HPX3700, etc.