Panasonic Lumix GH1 is a very popular digital camera released years ago. In combination with the newly developed 14-140mm F4.0-5.8 kit lens that has, in terms of aperture control and focusing, been optimized for shooting video, it transforms the GH1 into a true stills/video hybrid that can record HD video while at the same time producing high quality stills images.
The excellent HD video recording function leaves good impression on many camera consumers. Recently, some readers asked me how to edit Lumix GH1 recorded videos on Final Cut Pro (FCP) and Premier, below are some tips for you, and I hope they will help you convert Lumix GH1 video to Apple ProRes on FCP and Premier.
1. Download and install Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. This software will help you convert videos, movies and TV shows to Final Cut Pro and QuickTime Movie Format.
2. Import Lumix GH1 videos to the software.
3. Click format column and choose output format as Final Cut Pro->Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
Tips: If you want to use ProRes format in offline editing workflows with Final Cut Server. The Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) is the ideal format.
4. Click conversion to start. Based on the multi-threading and transcoding technology, the whole conversion will be done in a short time with the best Lumix GH1 to ProRes converter.
5. After converting, you can easily import converted GH1 AVCHD video to Final Cut Pro and Premier for editing.
That’s all, I think you may have known how to edit Lumix GH1 video on Final Cut Pro and Premier, just try.