Canon EOS 7D has become one of the most popular APS-C EOS DSLRs among serious photographers and semi-professionals. With a host of features designed to enhance every facet of the photographic process, from still images to video, the EOS 7D represents an advanced class of camera.
You may have got this amazing DSLR, it’s great for take photos and recorded full HD 1080P videos. This article will share the best way to import Canon 7D MOV to Final Cut Pro X, and the way to burn 7D MOV to DVD.
Import 7D footages to FCP X
The 7D recorded video format is H.264 MOV, this format is supported by many editing software, but it can’t be supported perfectly, take FCP X for example. Final Cut Pro X supported best video format is Apple ProRes 422 Codec MOV format, you can edit video with this format in Final Cut Pro X smoothly. And Canon EOS 7D recorded video is H.264 MOV format, so it’s great choice to convert 7D MOV to ProRes 422 codec MOV format, then you can edit 7D video well in FCP X on Mac. You can follow the steps below to transcode 7D video for Final Cut Pro X.
1. Download and install Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. It’s can convert videos between rich video formats, such as convert MOV to ProRes 422 for FCP X.
2. Import the Canon 7D recorded MOV video to this Mac Video Converter for 7D.
3. Click format column to choose the best output format for editing in FCP X. if you want to edit 7D MOV video in FCP X, you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
4. You can click settings button to customize the output parameters, such as resolution and bitrate.
5. Edit function is useful and convenient for you to use. You can trim, crop, adjust effects or add watermark to the video.
6. Click convert button to start converting Canon MOV to ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro X on Mac. This 7D to FCP X converter can help you convert the video format/codec you need quickly.
Burn 7D footages to DVD disc
1. Please download and install Pavtube DVD Creator, import the files to the software.
2. Click the import button to load your MOV footages, you can click Add title button to add more titles.
3. Switch to Menu pane. Double-click a DVD menu beneath the Menu Template to apply it to your DVD. You can customize the background video/image, background music, text, title thumbnail and more for your DVD menu.
4. Click the Burn button to start burning Canon 7D MOV to DVD. You can choose to Burn Canon 7D MOV to DVD disc, or save Canon 7D MOV video as ISO file, or Generate Canon 7D videos to DVD Folder.
With Pavtube MOV to DVD Creator, it is easy to burn your Canon 7D recorded MOV fooatges to DVD disc, and then you can enjoy these HD videos on your HDTV via DVD player.
Related Canon application:
Canon EOS video to Final Cut Pro